Understand your natural strengths and develop personalized strategies to lead and succeed in a way that feels authentic to you.
Quieter professionals can become great leaders. They can be observant and wise, influence without being domineering, and are able to take on board many perspectives to help solve complex problems.
However, the path to leadership can be challenging when extroversion, dominant leadership styles and the appearance of self-confidence are more often rewarded.
Are you an aspiring leader who struggles to be seen as ‘leadership material’?
Perhaps you are already a leader who has adapted to act like an extrovert, but are tired of ‘faking’ a style that is uncomfortable and exhausting for you.
I know first-hand the struggle of leading as a quiet achiever. It took some years to understand my own strengths, to stop trying to be louder and value the unique contribution I could make.
Over time, I have developed strategies to succeed in my own way, by experimenting and learning from highly successful quieter leaders who shared their insights. I am firmly of the view that quieter professionals make excellent leaders – sometimes more effective than not-so-quiet leaders – given the right tools and support.
My wish with the Quietly Powerful 1:1 Coaching Program is to help talented, quieter professionals value and fully utilise the quiet power within them.
Before the coaching, I knew there were aspects of my leadership to be strengthened, however, I wasn’t sure how to do this. I now reflect differently on what I do as a leader, manager, and person. I learned how to prepare for confrontation whether it be a meeting or one to one chat. Learning how to structure discussions to keep them short and on point was amazing for me. Understanding how to communicate better with my team, how to be more inclusive in situations where team input is most valuable. I am constantly thinking of how I can apply these learnings and when. I have no doubt I can unlock potential I was once unsure of.Shauna, Operations Manager
The Quietly Powerful 1-1 Coaching Program Will Help You To:
- Deeply understand your personality and natural strengths, using the Facet5 personality profiling tool.
- Clarify your goals and your own sense of purpose.
- Develop strategies to address your particular challenges and desired outcomes. For example:
- Deal with a difficult boss;
- Improve your interview skills to get a promotion or new job;
- Manage workloads and set boundaries;
- Manage difficult conversations.
- Tame the inner critic, and learn how to reach for your goals even in moments of self-doubt.
- Find ways to support diversity and get the best from quieter professionals within your team.
Through the 1:1 coaching process, we will identify your particular qualities, and work towards your personal goals, to ensure coaching is tailored to your individual needs and desired outcomes.
What’s Included in the 1:1 Coaching Program?
This program is designed to ensure you get maximum support while working towards your leadership goals. Your investment in coaching includes:
- A detailed pre-coaching questionnaire, to ensure the program is properly tailored, and we can get working right from our first session.
- Use of the Facet5 personality profiling tool to explore your natural tendencies and uncover strengths you can leverage in your leadership journey.
- 7 coaching sessions of approximately 60 minutes each, flexibly scheduled around your commitments, and spaced over 3-6 months, to ensure you have time to put your learnings into practice.
- Inter-session activities and communications, including articles, videos and questions to promote further learning, and to check on your progress.
- Access to 40+ interviews with renowned Quietly Powerful leaders, sharing how they have succeeded while remaining true to their quieter nature.
- Membership of the Quietly Powerful LinkedIn Group, where you can access relevant articles and videos, and connect with like-minded professionals, without having to ‘network’.
Reviews of Our Quietly Powerful Programs
We’ve been able to pick apart some deep-rooted things and it really surprised me as to how much they influence what I do from day to day. The reflections and role plays really challenged me to think about how I would think, say and do things differently. I think sometimes coaching can sound a little bit daunting but I think it helps you to explore things about yourself that maybe you knew that you were ignoring, or that you didn’t know that would surprise you. It can only help you to become a better person, both professionally and personally.
The powerful coaching process with Megumi allowed me to bring objectivity to not only how I may be perceived, but also how I may perceive others. It assisted me to start accepting the things I cannot change and the courage of my conviction to change from a long-established role to another one, whereby I believe not only myself but the organisation I work for can greatly benefit.
Meet Your Coach, Megumi Miki
Megumi is an author, speaker, facilitator and consultant on leadership and culture. For her Quietly Powerful coaching work, she was named Top Coach for 2021 by coachfoundation.com.
Megumi has over 20 years of experience working within and consulting to large corporations including National Australia Bank, ANZ Bank, Roche, and Accenture, as well as smaller, government, and non-profit organisations. Her experience ranges from organisational development, focusing on leadership and culture, to strategy and business performance analysis.
Having faced challenges as a quieter, Japanese female consultant, Megumi has invested heavily in her own personal and professional development. Through her own experiences, and having interviewed some of Australia’s most successful Quietly Powerful leaders, she has developed practical and powerful strategies that enable quieter professionals to tap into their natural strengths, to become more confident, effective leaders.
Megumi is passionate about empowering people who are quieter or otherwise marginalised, to have a voice. Her belief is that these different voices are critical for organisations to innovate and problem-solve in the challenging world of today.
Megumi’s book, ‘Quietly Powerful: How your quiet nature is your hidden leadership strength’ makes a case for a different, quieter approach to leadership, and was named the Best Leadership Book for 2020, along with winning the Australian Career Book Award.
Who Can Benefit From The Quietly Powerful 1:1 Coaching Program?
The Quietly Powerful Program will be helpful for you if:
- You have years of experience and aspire to be a leader, but feel you are overlooked or miss opportunities because of your quieter nature.
- You are already in a leadership role, but no longer wish to lead in an extroverted or directive way that feels unnatural or exhausting.
- You want to make sure the coaching focuses on your particular goals, and that you have access to a high level of personalised support.
- You are tired of personal development and leadership courses that don’t align with or make the most of your quieter style.
$4,500 incl. GST
Your investment includes 7 flexibly scheduled coaching sessions over a course of 3-6 months, the Facet5 personality profiling tool, and all communications and progress checks between sessions.
An up-front payment of 50% of the total fees is required, with the remaining 50% payable on completion of the fourth coaching session.
100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
For the duration of the coaching period, if you did the work and felt you didn’t get value from the 1:1 coaching program, we will refund your fees in full.
Schedule a no-obligation chat
Get in contact to get started, or to explore your goals and find out if 1:1 coaching is right for you.